On the Road Again!!!
As we mentioned in last month's newsletter we love the fall because for us, it means great golf in great locations. This year was especially great as we finally got to go to a real conference, with real people, and no Zoom screen!!!
We headed to Wales for the International Golf Travel Market (IGTM) - a premier golf travel conference - and met with many of our global colleagues and suppliers, saw old friends, met new ones and got in some GREAT golf, all while finding the best opportunities to present to you as you get ready to travel again.
The conference was a bit smaller than normal, not all countries are travelling yet (or even allowed in the UK), but those that made the trek were committed to ensuring golf travel bounces back stronger than ever and that made for an amazing and productive conference.
In this month's newsletter:
It was a busy week in Wales and we will be focusing on that in this newsletter (with a couple of extras).
- Review IGTM and share some of the insights we got from the conference.
- We played some great golf and will share our thoughts on the courses (and a few pictures)
- TJ had the chance to speak with Club Managers / Secretaries at a couple of the courses we got to play and we will feature those interviews.
- After playing and staying in Wales, and falling in love with the place, we wanted to share our reviews of the courses we played, which are just a small sample of the courses you can play in this hidden (to most Canadians) gem. You can get in before the secret is out and it gets as busy as Scotland and Ireland!
- With links golf being at the forefront this month, we have Wayne Middaugh showing a couple of great driving and chipping tips we can all use, especially those who are going with us on either the A Week in Dornoch with Lorne Rubenstein or the Sweep and Swing trips next year (and those trip details are below as well -there is still space for those interested)!!!
Our travels will continue over the coming month as TJ leads a group to Casa de Campo with Natasha Staniszewski, Ron heads to Portugal to visit some resorts and courses we have offered, and new ones we are thinking of offering, and then he heads to Spain to join TJ, plus several PGA Professionals and media, to tour some hotels and golf courses in Costa del Sol. More on all these destinations to come in our December newsletter.
By the way, with GTA area courses closing, anyone looking for some indoor golf should contact our GTA indoor golf partner, Swing Golf Lounge, as they have opened up for the year with their state of the art trackman system.
Stay safe, stay healthy, enjoy this month’s newsletter and give us a call when you're ready to build your golf getaway - we’ll be happy to bring it to life for you!!!
The Golf Away Team
Well, it was well worth the trip as we explored a great destination (even better than TJ remembered!) that every serious golf traveler should visit. We also met with friends and suppliers from around the world to get updated on what they are seeing, and planning, as travel re-opens and people finally get to visit some of the great golf destinations of the world again.
Tale a look at some of the courses we played, just to get a feel, then give us a call to learn more and get this amazing golf destination into your travel plans.
While in Wales, Royal Porthcawl and Pennard (amongst others) graciously hosted us for golf and TJ had the chance to talk with Club Managers / Secretaries from these wonderful courses.
A couple of tips from Wayne Middaugh
When we got together in September, we asked Wayne for a couple of his best tips for taking on the firm turf and winds of links golf. With our recent trip to Wales fresh on our minds, we wanted to share them with you (the tips helped Ron keep the ball down a bit on his drives in Wales) so you a use them when you join us at the upcoming Sweep and Swing trip (October 2022), or our Week In Dornoch with Lorne Rubenstein in April.
Entry Deadline December 10, 2021
Entry Deadline - December 10, 2021
Draw Date - December 17, 2021
Your Bucket List Golf Experience!
We Take You Around The World,
To Play The Game You Love!