Carnoustie Golf Links
- Location: Carnoustie, Scotland
- Open: 1842
- Designer: Allan Robertson
- Major Course Updates: Old Tom Morris, James Braid, Martin Ebert & Tom Mackenzie
- Events Hosted: The Open Championship (7 times), Women’s Open Championship, British PGA Match Play, Scottish Open
- Key Rankings: 6th best golf course in Scotland, Top 100 Golf Courses (2022), 39th best golf course in the world, Golf Magazine (2021)
The nickname “Carnasty” is more than fitting for this championship golf course, which has seen its fair share of heartbreaks and champions come through. Notable winners at Carnoustie include Gary Player, Tom Watson, and Padrig Harrington, as well as Ben Hogan, who conquered the par 5, 11th and is now nicknamed “Hogan’s Alley.” Perhaps more famously, though, is John Van de Verde’s collapse in the Barry Burn on the 18th hole, where he tried to play it from the hazard and lost in the 1999 Open Championship. Its legacy and reputation cast a large shadow, but there is no denying this is one of the world’s great golf courses.